Friday, January 7, 2011

Charl Baker's Trees

 
 

 


  


 


 


 


Charl Baker, owner of Studio 969, is a jeweler and artist by profession, but is a jack of all trades for life. This fun loving woman has showcased at Liguanea Art fairs, Kumba Mi Yabba at Devon House and her trees are found in the popular Rib Kage eatery.

Charl says:
Creative expression is my souls' desire. I am an artist, designer, model, stylist and one day will be a singer too ( well out loud to a crowd that is!) Born in Canada but raised in Jamaica. I studied at Ryerson University and have a B.A. in Fashion Design. Exposure to the Arts has influenced my life and career path. Caribbean people are expressive, energetic, creative and ingenious. Our flora and fauna provide constant inspiration. We are in step with the trends and set SO many of our OWN!! "Bwoy wi likkle but wi truly talawah". My relationship with God provides strength and source for my creative abilities.. the Holy Spirit feeds and sustains me.So whether it is making wire trees, jewllery,painting, photography,acting, dancing or singing, I am in da mix!! Another great form of inspiration are people of integrity and a real sense of style -I mean geez - love da skin your in! Plus have a Passion for a cause... any cause!! & last but not least... the smile and laughter of a child! Out of many, ONE LOVE & Blessings! 

IT'S NICE TO BE IMPORTANT...BUT IT'S MORE IMPORTANT TO BE NICE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment